Music and Choir
“After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
Aldous Huxley had it right, and that’s why music of all kinds plays such a big role in our church life. Everyone can participate.
Music in worship
- Be transported by our music director James Houston’s preludes and postludes on the Henri Niemann Pipe organ in the sanctuary, the Niemann organ in the Parish Hall, or our Mason-Hamlin piano.
- Sing with the congregation from our hymnals or in the choir on Sundays or for special events. Join the a cappella or folk group. Be a guest soloist!
- Play in our orchestra or small ensembles.
- Play with the intergenerational Chime Choir.
Music in our church community
- Concerts at First Unitarian
- Third Friday Open Mike nights
Support the music program
- Sponsor the concerts
- Contribute to the organ restoration fund
- Serve on the Music Committee (email)