Become a Member
Membership at First Unitarian Church of Baltimore is an enriching experience, offering multiple ways to give and receive. If you have questions about what membership means, visit our Membership FAQ.
Thinking of becoming a member? Follow these simple steps.
- If you’re new to Unitarian Universalism, attend a Beginnings class. Classes are held during most months and provide general information on the denomination, as well as specific information about our church. (If you are a UU moving from another church, Beginnings is optional, but a good way to learn more about the culture of First Unitarian.)
- After the Beginnings class, a volunteer from the Membership Committee will follow up with you within two weeks of the Beginnings class to see if you have any questions. In the mean time, try out some of our programs and activities. It is often helpful to experience different aspects of our church before making the decision to join.
- Schedule a one-on-one meeting with one of our ministers to discuss your personal situation. E-mail email@example.com or call the church office at 410-685-2330 to set up the appointment.
- When you’ve made the decision to join the church, notify firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Welcome Table. A Membership Committee volunteer will contact you and arrange a time to meet. Your welcome into the church community typically includes a short, written introduction and a photo. The Membership Book may be signed in either a private or group setting.
- Support of the church is an important part of membership and involves giving of your time, your talent, and your treasure. Meet with a representative from the Stewardship Committee to discuss how you can best support our work within our church, the community, and in the world. Call the church office at 410-685-2330 or email email@example.com.
- Be on the lookout for invitations to newcomer social events and opportunities to become more involved. The Membership Committee is here to help. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at 410-685-2330 to get in touch.